"But now I have written unto you not to keep company, if any man that is called a brother be a fornicator, or covetous, or an idolater, or a railer, or a drunkard, or an extortioner; with such an one no not to eat." (1 Cor. 5:11)
- Donald Trump is called a brother. Trump claims to be a lifelong Christian, and men like James Dobson have also claimed that Trump is a Christian.
- Donald Trump is a fornicator. Trump brags about his adulterous lifestyle in at least three of his books, and his multiple affairs have often been public knowledge.
- Donald Trump is covetous. Even during this election cycle, Trump has admitted that he is greedy, that he has always been greedy, and that he will continue to be greedy as President.
- Donald Trump is an idolater. The Bible tells us that covetousness is idolatry, and we have already established that Trump is covetous.
- Donald Trump is railer. A railer is someone who engages in derisive and offensive criticism of others, and if there's anything that both Trump's supporters and his detractors agree on, it's that he engages in derisive and offensive criticism of others.
- Donald Trump is not a drunkard. Trump is opposed to alcohol because it led to the death of his older brother.
- Donald Trump is an extortioner. Extortion is the act of obtaining something through the threat of force, and Trump's claim that he will force Mexico to pay us to build a wall along our southern border is nothing less than sheer extortion.
God tells us not to keep company with a professed Christian who is either a fornicator, covetous, an idolater, a railer, a drunkard, or an extortioner. Donald Trump fully and openly embraces five of these six things. God is so insistent that we not keep company with a professed Christian who is one of these things that He forbids us even from eating with such an individual. How do you think He would feel about Christians keeping company with someone who openly embraces five of them? And if Christians are not to keep company with Trump, not even to eat with him, then how is it possible to claim that God would want us to vote for him?
Click here for more articles on voting.